Today we will focus on a Japanese company which is revolutionizing the sex toy universe for male.
We will not focus on the toys themselves or on the art of masturbation (I leave it to each individual's preference) but rather on the tool they developed on-line in order to help men choose the best fitting toy, based on their erect penile dimensions. Indeed, this gives a strong echo to the way condoms should be chosen:
The tool itself requires few information inputs:
- the erect penis length,
- the erect head diameter,
- the erect shaft diameter,
- plus two information directed towards masturbation taste:
- the desired strength,
- the feeling point (where you most enjoy stimulation).
By clicking on the Start Analysis button, you are given a list of the three toys supposed to better fit your needs:
TENGA has also created a nice blog:
I was particularly interested in their post about the 500 000 Japanese measured thanks to the TENGA fitting tool.
From the data gathered on the Japanese version, they created the “average erect penis” in Japan. Of course it can not be considered as a scientific study, but there may very well be some truth in it as the customers have absolutely no interest whatsoever in cheating.
NB: They plan to do the same with the international version, once they get enough data.
For fun, I used the tool to create the "average penises" of the different studies reported here:
Few superficial remarks:
- I used the shaft diameter as the head diameter every time this data was missing.
- Do not trust too much the length as it is almost impossible to know how it was recorded (pressing or not on the pubic bone...).
- Japanese penises look more like a "mushroom" type penis, contrary to the Germans who have a glans diameter smaller than the shaft diameter.
- Once again, the differences between these different studies are very small, and I am not even sure the differences are statistically significant.
To finish here is what the world average (based on these studies) would look like, as well as the perfect toy match:
1) Deep throat cup (US) 2) Soft tube cup and 3) Deep throat cup (soft)
To conclude, the TENGA website in general and the TENGA fitting in particular are funny, customer oriented and professional.
This is mainly lacking in the condom industry, even if some progress has been done lately - particularly TheyFit company, the best overall condom supplier out there. I would love to see so well designed condom websites.